On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 6:07 PM, Steve Cottrell <co...@seeingeye.tv> wrote:
> On 5/11/16, Bruce Walker, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>>So what I'd like is pocketable and with the "feel" of an old school
>>film camera. That is, simple ergonomics. Simple interface, with
>>buttons and dials for the important most-used functions.
>
> If you're considering Leicas then, I might have gotten the wrong end of
> the stick.

No Cotty, you had the right end of the stick. But it's a forked stick. :)

> I assumed you were looking for something genuinely pocketable. My
> definition of pocketable is the rear pocket on a pair of Levis. YMMV.

I am looking for something pocketable, it's just that since I've been
finding that my needs for the elusive perfect camera aren't being met,
I'm expanding the search radius and considering alternatives.

Pocketable for me is actually bigger than your Levis back pocket
standard. A coat pocket, or a small fanny pack in the summer.

> Finally, a quick shout out for another camera that will easily satisfy
> your requirements - although (like the Leica) will not fit in a pair of
> Levis with a lens attached) - the Olympus Pen F.

Now this is a worthy beastie for consideration. Thank you!

> My advice: buy an X20 for under 400 bucks as you mentioned. If you can't
> get on with it, eBay it back into the system and put some wedge into a
> Leica system. If you've got the funds, go for it.

Sound advice, Cotty. Still the most likely outcome.

--
-bmw