On 6/11/16, Bob W-PDML, discombobulated, unleashed:

>These two Fujis are not, in my opinion, simple to use. The menus and
>user interface are a mess. It's all to easy to change settings
>inadvertently, without any warning, and I find it really confusing and
>difficult to restore them to what I like. They are also not good for
>manual focusing because although you can do it, there is no indication
>in the optical finder of what you're focused on. On the X20 you can do
>focus peaking in the optical finder, but to get it you have to do
>without other settings (or absence of) which I find useful.

Interesting.

My experience is slightly different. There are 2 user settings on the
main top dial (C1 and C2) and global camera settings can be concreted to
these to settings. Hence, my C1 setting is mono, high ISO, high
contrast, high everything for that gritty street look. C2 is mono, low
ISO, high quality for landscapes and suchlike. For colour I just turn to
either Program or Aperture priority....

The menus are quite easy to understand and cycle through - but that said
I am used to the Fuji way - and now the Oly way as well, which isn't
hugely different. What I like to do is customise the external buttons
and dials as much as possible so I can quickly switch between settings
without having to scroll thru menus....

--

Cheers,
  Cotty