Hi Boz and all,

it's not completely true that there is no insurance available at all.
I sent a parcel with a lens to an Australian PDML member. There was an
insurance available, but not for the complete way. IIRC it was insured up to
Australia. Inside Australia it was not insured. But I selected a delivery
which has to be signed by the receiver. That gives a certain amount of
security.
But to express the big amount of fees in Germany. I had to pay at the post
office around 30 US$ for transport and insurance !!!!! If I would transfer
money to America, it would cost me about 15..20 US$ !! That's crazy. Only
escape is via VISA, PAYPAL and similiar possibilities.
Even if we want to transfer money to other European countries ( most of them
use now the EURO, so there are no currency eychanges ), the fees are still
about 10..15 US$. We wait hopefully that these fees get cancelled, but up to
now I have no date for that. As long as the banks don't get forced by the
government, I suppose they will take a lot of money for such transfers.

Hey American guys, do you still claim about the nationalistic Germans ? I
suppose and hope not.

Ciao
Bernd H.

Boz wrote