On 12/8/2016 9:20 PM, John Francis wrote:

Newegg isn't too bad, either - they'll currently ship a WD elements
2TB drive to you (free shipping) for less than what staples charge
for the Seagate (and about what Frys want for it in-store).
I haven't had my one long enough to be able to offer any reasonable
estimate of life expectancy, but WD now are supposedly better than
they were a while ago.

Most of the problems I had with WD external drives related to the power
supplies. For drives powered by USB I don't think that should be a concern.