Jim wrote:

>I've been reading lately about the MZ-S body and Limited lens line. Several
>reports have mentioned that Pentax has only released a black MZ-S in the US,
>but it's available in a black/silver version in Japan. The same with the
>Limited lenses...silver in the US and silver or black in Japan. I seem to
>have read the same thing about a black ZX-5 or 5n available in Japan and the
>MZ-3 was never even offered here. Was the MZ-3 offered in Japan?
>
>  What is the rationale for this?

My guess is that the rationale for this is that Pentax don't want people to
match their Limited lenses with the MZ-S. What the rationale for *that* is
anyones guess but mine is that Pentax want us to match our Limited lenses
with something else. Another possibility is that Pentax marketing is
totally without logic something that is a likely as any other interpretation.
I know that Pentax in some markets are working on getting the chrome MZ-S.
Also, parts for black Limited lenses are available in Europe suggesting
that Pentax do indeed plan to distribute them to Europe at some stage.

Pål