I just found the response I got from the Japan headquarters when I asked
them directly last autumn. I think they are really doing their best. If we
are interested in the limited lenses (and buy more), the variety will
increase (in numbers of different limited lenses available, as well as in
colour variations).

I guess the black batch was a market test in Japan. I'm not even sure if
Pentax is still producing black lenses. Most likely they are just selling
off the batch they produced in the past. That explains why they do not
offer black limiteds to the world market. Lenses -like books- are produced
in batches. A*lenses for example apparently are no longer produced for some
years now, nevertheless last stocks are (still) available (A 15/3.5, A 16
fish-eye, A 50/1.2).

To keep the black limited lenses on the shelves in Japan for a reasonable
long time [to prevent consumers from getting disgrunted] they have to
stretch their stock. The quantity of black lenses produced are probably
enough to last in Japan for a few years, but would probably have gone
within a few weeks if offered world wide.

They have to be sure that it is worth setting up a new production batch of
black limited lenses.