On 13 May 2002 at 22:22, Jim & Jackie Meeks wrote:

> I've been reading lately about the MZ-S body and Limited lens line. Several
> reports have mentioned that Pentax has only released a black MZ-S in the US, but
> it's available in a black/silver version in Japan. The same with the Limited
> lenses...silver in the US and silver or black in Japan. I seem to have read the
> same thing about a black ZX-5 or 5n available in Japan and the MZ-3 was never
> even offered here. Was the MZ-3 offered in Japan?
>
>  What is the rationale for this?

The MZ-3 was available in Japan (may still be) and Germany at least. Who knows
why the Silver MZ-S or Black limited lenses aren't available outside Japan it
makes little sense to me or anyone else that I've spoken with about it. Typical
Pentax marketing genius I guess?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA