On Sat, Dec 24, 2016, at 06:05 AM, Doug Brewer wrote:
> The first PUG was indeed revealed on April 1, 1997, on some of my
> personal server space, later transferred to the komkon server. It was
> just a few photos and each page was coded separately using my clunky
> HTML skills. In fact, for quite some time each gallery had to be coded,
> which explains the long gaps between some of them, leading to some
> grumblings in the ranks, which came to a head when I was in Little Rock,
> Arkansas, prepping for my mother's funeral in January of 1999. It was
> determined that I had my time priorities out of whack and I was booted
> from my post as first PUGmaster.
>
> All this was before I took over The List from Pentax, which happened
> during the Christmas/New Year transition from 2000 to 2001.

That's a bit of interesting PUG history - thanks, Doug.

If anyone wants to spend a bit of ideal time during the holidays, you
can spend an hour or so perusing the old galleries,  You'll find the
complete PUG here, all the way back to April 1997:

http://pug.komkon.org/general/pastgalleries.html

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

> On 12/20/16 2:40 PM, mike wilson wrote:
> >> On 20 December 2016 at 19:08 "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>

> >> I just checked back and find that the first PUG I entered was in April
> >> 2000.  I know that it took me a few months to figure out how to scan my
> >> prints for submission to the PUD, so I must have joined some time in early
> >> 2000.
> >>
> >> As far as I can determine, Doug Brewer is the only member still around who
> >> posted an image to the first PUG, in April 1997:
> >>
> >> http://pug.komkon.org/archive/aprarchive.html
> >
> > I think that may be the first PUG off the Pentax server. It's about (maybe
> > six
> > months after, if my increasingly fallible memory is to be trusted) when we
> > were
> > booted off.

> follow the directions.

http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders