> On Jan 24, 2017, at 4:18 PM, Bob W-PDML <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
>
> Two Magnum photographers I really like, who shoot fantastically good, complex
> compositions, are Harry Gruyaert and Alex Webb. There used to be a whole load
> of stuff showing grids overlaid on their work, discussing the composition,
> but it all seems to go to something called pinterest now, usual bullshit of
> closing the web. But google their names with 'composition grid' and you might
> find something helpful.
> ….
> This guy has some interesting ideas on his blog:
> http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2016/01/27/100-lessons-from-the-masters-of-street-photography/

Thanks for these references, Bob. I’ve bookmarked some web pages for Gruyaert
and Webb. Just looking at a few images, I find Webb more appealing. But the
little bit I read I’m pretty sure I can learn from Gruyaert, too. And I’ve
downloaded the Kim book.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net