It looks to me like it only appears where the highlights are blown out.

I'm guessing the artifact was always there, but it only became visible
when you brightened the scene overall in post processing.

Now that you know about it, you can adjust for it; maybe by using an
adjustment brush rather than global adjustments (if you're using
Lightroom).

I don't use Lightroom, so others can most certainly explain how to do
that better than I can.