> On Jan 27, 2017, at 11:58 AM, John <sesso...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> It looks to me like it only appears where the highlights are blown out.
>
> I'm guessing the artifact was always there, but it only became visible
> when you brightened the scene overall in post processing.
>
> Now that you know about it, you can adjust for it; maybe by using an
> adjustment brush rather than global adjustments (if you're using
> Lightroom).

Thanks, John. I’ll probably be using the camera less than in the past. But I’d
hate to give it up. It’s only a compact, but my experience of it is as a
wonderful little camera. My only wish has been for a little more manual
control. I get a little of that with the Fuji X-M1 I’ve just acquired. A bit
larger but still a small camera.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

(I)t is important that awake people be awake... the darkness around us is deep.

- William Stafford