-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of frank theriault
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 9:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Primes for Newbies

Sorry to revive this, but last week we had another "war" that started
with "what zoom should I buy for my daughter", and devolved into "why
students should start with primes".

Here's an interesting article on the subject:

http://www.vothphoto.com/spotlight/articles/forgotten-lens.htm

I found it most interesting (sadly so) in it's discussion of the demise
of the 50mm "standard" or "normal" lens.  I love my 1.4 Super Tak...

regards
frank