Frank Theriault wrote:

> I found it most interesting (sadly so) in it's discussion of the demise
> of the 50mm "standard" or "normal" lens.  I love my 1.4 Super Tak...

Interesting article, even though I only had time to skim-read it (gotta go
home shortly).

It reminds me of when I told a colleague about my 50mm f/1.2.  His
response?  "Just use faster film"... I don't think he quite understands the
concept of "available dark" photography ;)  Just barely squeezing 1/60th at
f/1.2 onto 12,800ISO film is something I should do again at some stage.

This is the same guy who thought I was a bit of a nutcase because I spent
twice as much on the 43mm Limited as I could have spent on a plasticky
FA50/1.7.  Maybe I am a nutcase.  I don't regret buying the Limited.

Cheers,

- Dave