So true.  I am certainly a newbie to slr, having a
working camera for only the past few months.  The kind
gentleman who sold the camera and 28-70/4 to me
included a 50mm f2 as a "sorry I took so long" gift.
(Doug rocks!)  You know, I've used the 50 almost as
much as the zoom.  Really nice lens, even for a
"cheap" one.

I can tell any newbie now, nothing beats a prime for
low light.  I'm talking cloudy twilight at the beach
kind of low light.  I still don't even own a flash.
Haven't needed one.  :)

Prime junkies unite!
Deb in TX
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience