I have not changed the list settings, PJ. I don't know if Thunderbird has done something new without looking at their release notes, but "reply list" works fine.

If necessary, I can set the software to only include the list address, stripping out the original sender address, but we've run OK without that for many years, and it may wonk up some users' reply settings.