Doug Brewer wrote:
I have not changed the list settings, PJ. I don't know if Thunderbird
has done something new without looking at their release notes, but
"reply list" works fine.

If necessary, I can set the software to only include the list address,
stripping out the original sender address, but we've run OK without that
for many years, and it may wonk up some users' reply settings.

Please do not do that. It causes some really bad things to happen when people think that they are replying privately and it goes to everyone, because a lot of times mail clients will say that it it going to the individual, and set the email to the list.