Thanks everyone for your input. Even though the K3ii doesn't have a built in flash from what all I have seen I am leaning toward it. If I had the monies I would go with the K1 but that will be down the road. I am wondering though has the issue with the K3ii staying on even when powered off still an issue. Not sure exactly what it was about but wonder if the issue has been corrected with later productions?

Jeffery Johnson | Photo Captures by Jeffery
http://www.PhotoCapturesbyJeffery.com
/Diverse range of photography Artistic - Animals - Events/Festivals - Transportation - Pets - Nature - Scenic - Cityscape. That you can purchase as framed or unframed prints, with loads of variety in home decor./