Hi Mark,

Here are my thoughts (but you might have already had all of them yourself..) Your photoshop could have a problem if it's RAW module version is older than the lens. But since Flickr doesn't show that name either, I'd assume it is not there. (A slim chance if that PS strips it out ... So, a good test would be to take one shot in JPEG, and upload it as is, without opening in PS, LR, or whatever.)

So, the culprit is likely to be in the lens hardware.
AFAIK, the lens ID is encoded by an electric contact on the lens.
Unfortunately, upon a quick search, I was unable to find which of the contacts resonsible for it.

You can just check that contact (or all of them). If it has some grease or goo on it, that might prevent it from working. I would try using a q-tip lightly soaked (not dripping) in isopropanol or methanol or ethanol (I am usually using "rubbing alcohol" - that's 70% or so isopropanol - it is also good for removing pencil marks from the wall paint if used carefully -- it can also remove the paint).

One more thought: I've never worked on those contacts, but I've successfully used pencil erasers on the hot-shoe contacts. with the lens, however, I'd be concerned not to get any rubber crumbles onto the back elements and ultimately inside camera/on the sensor.

Good luck!

Igor