Matthew,

You are correct in your assessment. I think it is the 2nd time I am making a wrong assumption that Flickr keeps its database up to date. I need to take a mental note of it, and, more importantly, remember about it. :-)

What I didn't know is that LR/PS, etc are actually writing the deciphered lens information into the EXIF. I thought that the "Makernote" in the Exif is always decoded by Flickr.

Igor