I need advice on how to severly limit DOF for macro work.  I realize that most (all?)
macro equipment tends to reduce DOF.  I want to limit the sharp area to a few
millimeters on a (35mm) frame filling shot of a 5 inch subject.  What is the best set
up for this? Tubes, reversing ring, close-up filters, dedicated macro lens?

I have no true macro equipment now so I will be buying whatever it is that I need so
cost is a factor.  I do have a 35-105/3.5 and 80-200/4 "macro" zooms plus 28/2.8,
50/1.4, 135/3.5 and 200/3.5 primes if any of these can be worked to the set up.

Thanks in advance for all replies
Steven.