Christian wrote:

> A frame filling shot of a 5" subject is hardly macro work.
> Tubes, bellows, etc wouldn't be neccesary.  Either of your
> zooms should cover it.  Just shoot wide open to limit DOF.

        You'd do well to pick up some extension tubes, anyway. You
        may find a combination w/ your 200mm that could be to your
        liking. A little extension on a 200mm really reduces the
        close focus ability and doesn't drasticly reduce viewing
        ability TTL. Makes for an excellent "close-in" set-up which
        you will undoubtedly like enough to use often and justify
        the purchase of the extension tube/tubes. Results would, I
        suspect, be superior to using one of the zooms.  But you
        didn't hear me inserting anything into the "Zoom vs Prime"
        debacle ( ... er, I mean debate) here.    ;^)

        Bill