I've used and owned both guillotines and rotary cutters and find them
equally good at the mid-level of quality. Both my cutter and my
guillotine at home have slightly skewed measuring guides on their
boards, which is annoying, but I've learned to compensate, and the
blades are good and square so that's the most important things sorted.
Guillotines are potentially the better tool in my opinion. The paper
skewing problem that has been mentioned is easily overcome by pressing
a sheet of cardboard down over the work, just inside the cut line, to
prevent the work from lifting or shifting. A really good cutting edge
(actually edge pairs because a guillotine works the same as scissors)
will slice the paper with so little resistance that skewing isn't an
issue. Some guillotines come with a hold-down bar that clamps the work
just before the blade comes down and I'd recommend looking for that
feature. Guillotines are definitely better for bulk cutting and a good
blade will have no trouble with ten or more sheets at a time, even
twenty plus if it's standard letter quality paper. I've used pedal
operated guillotines that don't even baulk at 100 sheets.
One last hint... If you place the cutting edge above a light table you
should, unless the paper is very thick, be able to see the cut line
absolutely exactly.

regards, Anthony