Eric Weir wrote:

Finally you don't mention if you're shooting RAW or Jpeg.   Pentax out of
camera Jpeg files are not the best.  If you're shooting RAW; with a little more
sharpening and contrast adjustment to the Pentax images you shouldn't see any
marked difference between either camera given roughly equivalent lenses.

Thanks, P.J. All that helps. And yes, it’s the 27mm/2.8 that I have. I misspoke.

I shoot RAW. When I wrote I was comparing unedited RAW images in Lightroom.

Note that the greater the dynamic range a camera has, the less apparent contrast there will be in the unedited file. The only thing that really matters is the quality of the final image as presented.

Wondering what the opinion here would be of the Pentax DA 35/2.4 would be. It’s
my only autofocus Pentax prime. I thought images made with it might make for a
fairer comparison with my Fuji setup.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

- Chief Seattle