On 18 December 2017 at 18:49, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> A few images from the graduation ceremony I spoke about.
>
> One with Pentax K-5/50-200/4-5.6 that was improved by editing:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/eeweir/38427160774/in/album-72157661729844657/
>
> One that was not:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/eeweir/38254902955/in/album-72157661729844657/
>
> One with Fuji X-M1/27/2.8. This one was edited too, but except for cropping I
> could easily used it as shot.
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/eeweir/39105762872/in/album-72157661729844657/
>
> As has been pointed out, not a fair comparison. Nevertheless….

I'm not an expert but when I looked at "One that was not" my first
thought was camera shake. I would have thought that a focal length of
87mm @ 1/125 second would have been ok but it looks shaky to me.

Oddly the "One that was improved by editing" has no camera shake even
at a fl of 225mm @ 1/125 s, which is where I would expect shake to
start to come into play. So clearly you can hold it steady.

And then when I saw the Fuji shot my first thought was "Hey, come on,
you're not being fair at all" :-)
The Pentax shots were indoors in dull dim light, the Fuji outside in
bright sunlight; of course the Fuji shot will pop more.
That's in addition to what people have said about pro lens vs
consumer, and short lens vs long etc.

But that's just my guesses.

--
Eric