Frank wrote:

> I'd really hate to see someone like him go out of business, but
> unfortunately, in Toronto, there are so many big pro labs that do b&w,
> I'm afraid he doesn't have too long left.  OTOH, maybe that's a good
> reason to at least ~learn~ to do it myself, have the equipment, so that
> when he does go under...

        Yeah - that is one of the "Great Motivators". I basicly
        stopped shooting b&w for quite a few years after the local
        fellow who did dev/print at home for modest prices left town.

        Finally (inevitably?) I ventured back and the atrocious
        available processing became the "last straw" and I got
        the stuff together. My first home-souped roll was a Kodak
        HIE because I knew there was no other way - came out fine.

        Bill