Welcome aboard, Dale.

Cheers,
Jostein

Who's not due to retire until at least a decade :-)

Den 02.05.2018 19:25, skrev Dale H. Cook:
I am a recently retired broadcast engineer who is taking up photography as a hobby
after using it largely only for work and genealogical research over the last 30+
years. Most of my genealogical photography going forward will undoubtedly be
photographing gravestones in B&W, the preferred format for those photos (I am a
member of the Association for Gravestone Studies).

I used SLRs for years (most recently a Pentax K-1000). but switched to a digital
camera (a Sony Cybershot) about 15 years ago for convenience. With retirement I
decided to upgrade, and recently bought a Pentax K-70 with a DA 18-270mm as my
walking-around lens. I am still mastering the amazing array of settings but am
making progress. I am using a variety of colored B&W filters for gravestones,
because 1) I am on old guy who was used to doing that with film, and 2) although I
have done a fair amount of image post-production over the years I would rather get
the correct image in-camera than fix it in post.

Dale H. Cook, 50+ years as an SLR photographer,
Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm lens, using
colored filters for B&W gravestone photography