Stanley Halpin wrote:

>In brief, there is no perfect bag, but there may be acceptable compromises
>depending on work style and other circumstances.

Ain't that the truth?

My main camera bag is a Domke F1, procured at a fantastic discount
when the camera shop I worked at in Pittsburgh went out of business.

I have a separate bag for my medium format kit.

And a small sling bag for use when I'm traveling by bicycle.

And a Lowepro backpack for transporting serious amounts of kit.

And a small waist pack for hiking.

Plus two other bags of intermediate size.

My go-to camera bag for travel is actually a freebie messenger bag I
got at a conference a few years ago. It holds a thin laptop (or a
tablet) and a body plus a couple of lenses. It doesn't look like a
camera bag. It doesn't look "touristy". And it's held closed by two
quick-release buckles plus two Velcro strips, so it's a tricky target
for pickpockets. It's falling to bits but it's probably my most used
option in cities.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com