Daniel J. Matyola wrote:

>Part 3B:
>
>I'm PISSED because Rick Womer and Ted Beilby independently came up with
>stunning surrealistic images of chairs, at the opposite ends of the scale,
>and filled them with great humor, which was then intensified by Mark's
>placing them side by side.

Thanks for noticing and commenting on that. Rick's shot probably
wouldn't have made it into the book without Ted's and vice versa.
People seem to assume that a shot of theirs that doesn't get into the
book has been judged inferior in some way. That's often not the case
at all. A photograph has to "work" in the context of a whole lot of
other images from photographers with wildly varying styles - a very
tricky thing to attempt. Few such pairings are so serendipitous, but
we really put a lot of effort into making the book a cohesive work, at
least as far as such a thing is possible. Sometimes a great part is
left out to help achieve a better sum.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com