On 6/1/2018 11:46 AM, Alan C wrote:
I used a K7 for about 4 years. I shot mostly in bright light. Good up to ISO 400, tolerable at 800, hopeless beyond. (About the same as my K110D!) Now I have a K5 which is OK even at 3200. Everything else seems much the same as the K7. No electronic problems. Can't imagine why your AF was so bad?

The AF on mine was particularly colour sensitive. Depending on the colour of the subject, it would front focus, back focus or every now and again, would get it right. Mine was so bad that shooting exactly the same scene outdoors, if a cloud covered the sun, the colour of the light would change enough to knock the focus off. This was a known issue with the K5, in fact I recall it was the first issue that was discovered with that camera. I recall some guy on Pentax forums tried taking a picture of his car of some such under street light conditions and found the camera was front focusing be several feet, when in daylight it was fine. I'm not sure if they got everything fixed on the K5 during it's run, but in addition to the AF issues, they had problems with spots of cement on the sensor on early ones and buttons falling off. Apparently if you got a good one, they were very good indeed. I wasn't so lucky.

bill