On Tue, 28 May 2002 00:28:28 +0100, Cotty wrote:

>Jetty (gull on a jetty)
>Leon Altoff
>Couldn't decide on this one - but ended up looking at it a full minute so
>it must have something! Do you carry a plastic gull with you for these
>occasions ? ;-) I can see where you are going with keeping the posts
>level with the horizon, but I just don;t know if it works or not. It must
>do or I wouldn't have written all this about it. I keep thinking that
>someone's got the gull tethered from the left and is about to yank it
>off. Hitchcock would feel right at home with this. Well observed.

No Cotty, no plastic gulls.  It was cold and wet weather and there were
not many tourists around at the time so the gulls (or at least that one
were enthusiastic to get what they could.  Unfortunately after walking
down the jetty and posing for me I had nothing to give it and it flew
away in disgust.  I hae a similar picture from a higher angle with the
gull at the end of the jetty, but I don't like it as much as this one.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon