My K5 is OK up to 3200, noisy beyond. The K7 & K110D were already noisy at 800.

Alan C

On 21-Jul-18 07:40 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
I almost never shoot above 400 ISO in my outdoor photography, a force of habit. For comparisons I shot some birdy images at the feeder and varied the ISO up to 51200, same f stop with varying shutter speeds.

Surprise, surprise but I got very usable captures up to 25600, but not so much @ 51200 - which produced a noticeable color shift.

A subjective evaluation that will give me a little more leeway in the field.

Wondering what list members have found in this regard with their DSLRs ?

Kenneth Waller

---