Larry, I just checked out the current state of Darktable for Win 64 systems, (since that's what I'm running), If you're running a Mac or Linux box I'd check the supported camera list,  but I can't remember exactly.  The Windows version doesn't support a Pentax body later than the K-5.   So you may still be out of luck.  I'll let you know if it at least opens K-5II files or if they're excluded for reasons...