>>En domingo, 16 de diciembre de 2018 23:22:11 CET, Ralf R Radermacher
>><fotor...@gmx.de> escribió:

Those [...insert choice expletive here...] at Adobe have ruined
Lightroom 6 for me. I often need to look for what photos I have of a
particular place and this function has been killed by some change to a
Google API.

Lightroom CC is out of the question for practical reasons (main phases
of activity at a place with dreadfully slow internet access) and for
principal questions.

Tried Darktable and find it awfuly clumsy and far too slow.

What else is there, if anything? I need the database function, the RAW
development tools, lens corrections, and the map function.

>>Any suggestions?

Ralph,

I have a similar dilemma. I want to start with raw development and I would
prefer to avoid a subscription model.

I was considering Darktable and Rawtherapee and I am interested in your
findings on the former. Where did you installed it (OS/hardware...) ?

Thanks !
Jaume