John, FWIW, I've been reading that those over 55 are much less prone to get the measles.
No I'm not a medical person but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express !

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "John" <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>
Subject: OT: Another stupid question ...

... but I know there are medical professionals on the list who might know the answer.

I'm almost 70 years old, and I'm pretty sure I DID NOT receive the measles vaccine as a child. I had measles while I was in grade school *before* the vaccine became available. But all the stuff about measles in the news lately has me wondering ...

How long does immunity last after you've had measles?

Should I get a measles vaccination at this late date?

Is there a problem if you HAVE been previously vaccinated for measles (I got so damn many shots before I went to Iraq in 2004 that I don't remember what half of them were for)?