John,

My professional opinion as a pediatrician:

Having measles confers lifelong immunity. So does the measles vaccine.

The current measles outbreaks are the result of growing numbers of UNvaccinated
children of “anti-vax” parents. This whole thing was started by a British
physician, Andrew Wakefield, who published an utterly fraudulent paper in 1998
(in The Lancet) linking the meals-mumps-rubella vaccine to autism. He then
established a lucrative business as an expert witness for solicitors bringing
suit against vaccine companies on behalf of the parents of autistic children.

After the fraud was uncovered and the paper retracted, the General Medical
Council struck him from the Register (revoked his medical license), which meant
that he could no longer practice in the UK, any Commonwealth country, or the
EU. So, he set up shop in Texas.

I was at Great Ormond Street Hospital in 1981-82, after a previous vaccine
scare. I saw unvaccinated children have their cancer treatments much delayed
because of tetanus and whooping cough—both of which are awful diseases to
behold. The previous year there had been a case of measles in a child with
leukemia. It was quickly fatal.

Quoth Jonathan Swift: "Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it.”
In this case, the truth still hasn’t caught up after 21 years.

Rick