I remember being "quarantined", but AFAIK by the late 50s in Durham, NC you didn't have to put up a sign.

My sister (year behind me) brought it home from school and gave it to the rest of us (four kids in the family). We had to stay home from school for a couple of weeks; weren't allowed to go outside the house at all. I don't remember much else about having the measles other than the red spots and I'm pretty sure I had a fever.

The school delivered our homework assignments so we wouldn't get behind in
class.