On Thu, Jun 06, 2019 at 11:00:44AM -0400, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
> I don't understand why people are so enamored of Rolex, especially in the
> US.  In Switzerland, I noted that the ads and stores were featuring and
> promoting other quality Swiss timepieces.  I have always lusted after
> Breitlings.  Back in the 1960s, the Navitimer was THE watch for aviators.
> I have a mechanical one from that era in my collection,and it still woks
> fine,although I had to replace the crystal and the replacement is not up to
> the old standards.
> May dive watch is a TAG, currently in for cleaning and rehab.

Breitlings were what I lusted after, too.  But back when I was an impoverished
student I bought a significantly cheaper brand of chronograph-like watch.
It was handy for timing laps at the (motorsports) track.  Of course it was
replaced a decade or two later by a push-button electronic stopwatch that
could do far more different functions (including converting lap time to MPH)
and which cost maybe $20.