On 7/14/2019 15:14:01, Ralf R Radermacher wrote:
Am 14.07.19 um 20:07 schrieb John:

I think I've mentioned this one before.

https://www.aixam-pro.com/fr/e-truck/fourgon

I'd buy one if they were available in the U.S. It's got ample room in
the back for musical instruments and/or camera gear.

In Dunkirk where we spend part of year the diesel version is quite
popular with pensioners for taking their fishing gear to the beach.

BUT...

You are aware that they're restricted to a max speed of 28 mph and even
at that speed offer no protection to speak of if you collide with
anything more solid than a cream pie?

We don't have them here in Germany but the French papers are full of
gruesome pictures from accidents involving those vehicles.

Ralf

I don't think the speed restriction would be that much of a problem the way I envision using it.

Since I retired, more than 90% of my driving takes me someplace within 10 miles of my house. And the speed limits between here and there are mostly 35 mph or lower.

I do understand it's not much more than a fancied up golf cart, so I'd have to be careful of all the idiots on the road, but I already have to do that anyway.

It would be useful for the nine days out of ten driving where I never put more than 10 miles on the odometer.