On 7/15/2019 04:46:45, Ralf R Radermacher wrote:
Am 15.07.19 um 06:45 schrieb Larry Colen:

Cars for driving on the street with upwards of 500 hp are not rare.

Just imagine the gas mileage we could get from cars with less power
which would not need to be built for safety at speeds far beyond 200
km/h. I pray every day that our government will at last introduce a
general speed limit on our motorways. It wouldn't even change much
because large parts are already under speed restrictions but there'd be
no more need to build all cars for this nonsense. Their whole design
could be made far lighter and leaner.

Couldn't do that in the U.S.; violates our 2nd Amendment rights or something ...