>Ah, yes:) They probably thought the same way... "Why should we do anything
>to convince the customers to buy our cameras if they don't want to? OUR
>market position wasn't APPRECIATED! We are offended" Other producers,
>however, weren't offended and exploited the chance... Pentax don't do
>cameras for a charity purposes but to profit by them, remember?:) Why
>should they have updated the camera that didn't meet their sales goal? To
>finally

You sure have vivid imagination, although what you have imagined might be
true.  :)

>meet it. And they should have let all the people know that they updated it
>and that they care for their customers...

But the fact remains that not many customers on earth gave a damn about the
Z/PZ-1p, or the whole Z/PZ series for that matter. By dumping more resource
into this nobody-gave-a-damn darkhole, Pentax might have been dead already
by now.

regards,
Alan Chan