Personally, I don't need power zoom, I don't know what the big
deal is about that- I prefer to turn a ring on the lens barrel,
I guess.

How about upgrading the MZ-S to 4.5-5.0 fps drive? Does this camera
show all exposure info in the viewfinder- aperture, shutter speed,
mode? How about selectable AF weighting, like the Nikon F80/N80?
Changeable viewfinder screens, so one can put in a split-image
screen for MF use, or is the "in focus" indication good enough to
not necessitate that?

I don't know about you all, but I'm not rich, so some more affordable
but good lenses would be nice. The FA 24/2.0 is probably the only
really nice lens that is currently produced that I can afford w/o
seriously
compromising my lifestyle (don't feel like eating ramen noodles for a
year).

Taka