It's a decent draft, Larry, with some solid info/advice. I'd recommend deciding if it's going to be first-, second-, or third-person. You have all three, sometimes in the same paragraph, and it gets confusing.

Next, I'd take a hard look at the grammar. You have run-on sentences and frags, odd punctuation in places, none in others, and giving the whole thing a good cleaning will help tremendously.

Third, and probably hardest, task: ponder the inner logic of the piece. One idea should lead to the next. Exposure should lead to light, or the other way around, and you inserted focal length between them. I think you get the idea. Move your cleaned up sections around until the logic lines up, and you'll have a much stronger piece of writing.

Speaking of light, the section you include is a dodge, which you already know. Telling the audience to read another work invites them to close yours and go elsewhere, and any piece like this needs to stress the importance of light at some length because whatever else goes on, the light is what makes the photo.

You have a good start here. Keep at it, and I'd like to see how it progresses.