Some long-obsolete Epson model was my first choice way back when, but
everyone was out of stock so I bought the 8400f.  Wow, was that a big
mistake.  So far, the VueScan software is far superior to the Canon
software.  I'd still rather have something else, but for $90 I can
nurse it along for another year or two.