From: PDML <pdml-boun...@pdml.net> On Behalf Of John
Sent: Tuesday, 17 December 2019 2:21 AM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Re: spotmatics and unexposed film and gfm, oh my

On 12/13/2019 21:00:07, jco...@iinet.net.au wrote:
> I have the Epson V500: when my mother reached her 100th. birthday in
> 2018, my brother and I scanned all of her negatives, ranging in size
> from 1.5inches square to 6x9cm and going back in time to the 1900's.
> We were unable to scan the
> 110 size negs as the scanner's holders can't really hold them flat
> enough. The scanner did an excellent job (I have to confess we used
> the Epson software for this job!) overall, even with some really flat
> and mushy originals: makes me think some early cheap cameras really did
have bottle-bottoms for a lens.

 > John in Brisbane

When I was in school we just used a piece of glass to hold paper flat while
exposing it. I wonder if that would work to hold negatives flat on the
scanner bed?

Maybe cut out an appropriate sized hole in a piece of black construction
paper to fit the 110 negatives and hold both down with the sheet of glass?

follow the directions.