Ive got the V500 - acquired on the recommendation of you list guys a while back -- very happy with it.. except I've managed to get a couple of scratches on the glass :-(  from putting things on it to scan for ebay that I shouldn't have I guess. for 35mm negs and chromes I can avoid the scratched spots

ann