Thanks to those who commented on my Maui waterfalls.

I recognize that many, if not most, serious photographers favor long
exposures when shooting streams and waterfalls.  The effect is certainly
appealing and artistic.  For some reason, I have always favored short
exposures because those images look more like what my eye sees.  I also
like the patterns and textures falling water reveals when captured in short
exposures.  Different strokes .  .  .  .

In any event, some of these images required that I stand in the middle of a
narrow one-lane bridge, leaving little time to set up, as the Road to Hana
has local traffic as well as quite a few tourist vans and rental cars, some
driven by visitors of questionable ability.

For those not familiar with it, the infamous "Hana Highway" is a 64.4
mile-long (103.6 km) stretch of Hawaii Routes 36 and 360 that connects
Kahului to the town of Hana in east Maui.  Although Hana is only about 52
miles (84 km) from Kahului, an uninterrupted car-trip takes about 2.5 hours
to drive, since the highway is very windy, narrow, and passes over 59
bridges, of which 46 are only one lane wide. There are approximately 620
curves along the Route, almost all of it through lush, tropical rainforest.
Many of the concrete and steel bridges date back to 1910. The return trip,
along the "backside of Maui," is like driving over a narrow dirt and gravel
washboard.  It is not really dangerous, but can be somewhat exhausting.  I
hit takes an additional 40 minutes getting to Kahului from where we stay,
and another 40 getting back There is much to see and photograph, and I make
the trip once every 3-5 years.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery