Depending on the number of exposures taken you get images closer to the slow
shutter effect than the higher speed images. With fewer exposures there is
still detail in the water with less of the silky smooth water effect obtained
with the slow shutter process.
Try it, you might like it. I personally like it as it becomes less of a
documentary image and a little more artful but still recognizably as what your
eye actually sees.