On 3/29/2020 03:59:52, Bob Pdml wrote:
Strange, isn't it, wandering around empty streets.

It's like something out of a Sci-Fi movie about a plague.

Yesterday, Saturday, was noticeably busier here than during the week,
although I went out at different times than before - I nearly wrote 'normal'
- so that may have had something to do with it.

In particular there were more private cars on the road during my bike ride.
Now, the occupants weren't exercising, they weren't all Saturday workers or
doctors and nurses starting at 11am, they weren't going to and from their
local shops since they drove past them, so what was so essential about their
journeys?

Maybe they just needed to get out of the house before they started to scream.

There are little hotspots where groups of people gather, for example at
tables outside pubs (all closed) by the river, where people bring their own
alcohol. I took a photo of three middle-aged men, who looked as if they
hadn't had an alcohol-free day since they were teenagers, talking to each
other the regulation distance apart, echoing three trees behind them at the
same distance apart. When they saw me they hid their faces, like women in
Morocco. The newspapers say that some people are denouncing their neighbours
to the police for taking more exercise outings than we are supposed to.

The photo is not very good, so I won't show it.