Nice gallery!
- I see that Dan and I tied for the very most truly ancient subject matter - pre-historic. (referencing Alan's comment I just saw)
Both are from the Jurassic geo period  -
Mine: the Entrada Sandstone is between 200 and 500 feet thick and hosts to the largest concentration of natural stone arches in the world. The Entrada Sandstone was deposited approximately 160 million years ago. MIddle Jurassic.
but I like the figuratively ancient stuff some of you guys chose.

I settled for the Entrada because the photo had been scanned and it is one of my favorite places. I have a couple of trilobites but they are tiny and in boring rock . Couldn't find my slides of petrographs in Canyonlands or birstle cone pine from Bryce.

I have no difficulty filling my time at all, either Brian.  I'm practicing for the day when I will be too frail to do anything but remain at home.. :-)

ann