Am 10.04.20 um 14:56 schrieb Bob Pdml:

I’d come to the conclusion that a camera plus copy stand and a light table
would be essential

Either a copy stand or an old enlarger which might be available for even
less. Take the head off and mount the camera instead.

I found this excellent video which is so good i thought i’d share:

This negative holder looks nice, but 329 USD??? Plus shipping, 8% import
duty, and 19 percent import VAT... Nice try, though.

...put a sleeved film strip on the lightbox, a glass sheet on top

A glass sheet is two more surfaces for dust to settle on. I've been
thinking about using one of the neg strip holders from my Minolta film
scanner. If you don't have one this here looks well-made, at least for
something coming from Lomography and it's far cheaper than this other
contraption:

https://shop.lomography.com/en/digitaliza-35mm-scanning-mask

Now, what lens would one use for scanning a single 35 mm neg? Some macro
lens I suppose, but what focal length?

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com